Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Trip to D.C.

After a few days respite to unpack my bags it was time for a trip to my sister's house in D.C. This lion is in a park honoring fallen police officers.



I love this carving on the front of the Building Museum nearby. My sister's office is in a Courthouse right around the corner.





My first stop was the Dragon Display at the Textile Museum. I couldn't resist snapping a photo of these molas.




D.C. Courthouse.




Of course I had go take photos on the Mall.











A homeless person sleeping on the Mall.




Petrified wood in front of the Museum of Natural History.



The beautiful "fountain" in the restaurant of the Art Museums.





St. Gaudens famous piece representing Robert Gould Shaw and the famous African-American Batallion during the Civil War in the Art Museum.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home