Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Trip to Jodhpur, India-Jan-Feb-2012-Time to Go Home


Sadly, it was finally time to take the overnight train to New Delhi and head for home. I love traveling on the Indian Trains. By the time I am part way through my trip I usually have heavy suitcases and at the train stations there are porters (for a hefty fee) who will tote them around, find your train and compartment and get you settled in. Women over 60 get 40% off their ticket. One of my porters is watching my bags and waiting for the train to open.




Arriving in New Delhi I had chosen a new hotel (for me) on Connaught Place, the main shopping area in New Delhi. I usually stay in the cheaper backpacker section North of here and this was a real treat. The hotel was on the second floor and was absolutely wonderful. Hotel Palace Heights. Very comfortable room, excellent breakfast included, and really helpful warm and cordial staff. I will stay here again for sure.



Watching TV after a month without it was also a treat.



Murals in the hallway.










After dropping my bags and a wonderful breakfast I headed out for the Dilli Haat Market . Usually a favorite shopping area.



Very disappointing this time around. The only plus was that I can now get there on the Metro.




The next day I took the Metro to another favorite shopping area...Kinari Bazaar in Old Delhi near the Red Fort.



It is full of shops carrying all sorts of beads and trims. After all the shopping I did in Jodhpur I didn't buy very much.



A fast food restaurant in the area.



Back in Connaught Place. It is two concentric rings full of shops and restaurants.










The last evening before catching the plane home I had a fabulous dinner in the hotel restaurant. Flowers in the ladies room.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home