Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Trip to Jodhpur, India, Jan-Feb.2012- Around the Guest House

The guest house was beautifully decorated. A mural over the front door.



Between two rooms


The main sitting area.

An old farm cart.



Part of the mural upstairs in the main classroom about how the women feel when they are there. Unfortunately part of it was covered by a table.


The girls and women learn English, Math, Hindi, Crafts, Sewing and more here.







Some of the girls who love to have their photos taken.





The foyer inside the front door.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home