Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Trip to Jodhpur, India. Jan-Feb 2012- Around Town

Goats in an alley off the market near the Clock Tower



A "fast food" shop downtown. You can see the steam coming off the kettle.



An ad for an Indian Movie DVD.


Sitting in the Market by the clock tower having a coke and waiting for the Sari Sellers to lure me over. This was only a few of them.


Lunch at a favorite restaurant North of the Clock Tower. It is also a hotel and I stayed here a few years ago.


A view of the Clock Tower.


The Fort is lit at night and the view from here is spectacular.


This is just one section of the Restaurant.



My lunch. Buttered chicken, seasoned rice and buttered nan (bread).



The ladies room.


One section of the hotel...which at one time was someone's home.






Back at the Guest House Govind (in the chair) was having a skill building day with some of the girls and women from the school upstairs at the Guest House.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home