Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Trip to Jodphur India-Jan-Feb. 2012- The Ossian Temples

On my last weekend two other volunteers and I hired a car and driver to take us about 35 miles north to the ancient temples at Ossian.





This was the first set as we drove into town.



Most of them were built around the 12th century A.D.



A food vendor





A group of Indian tourists.




The actual "altar" was locked up.



Beautiful carvings.




More food vendors with their own stove.









Another temple across the road.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home