Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trip to Jodhpur India- Jan-Feb.2012- A Dance Program

My first Saturday we had visitors from the U.S. who were traveling around looking for an NGO to donate some money too. Some of the students in the school upstairs at the Guest House treated them to a dance program.

These students are also Dalits and come for classes in English, Hindi, Math and crafts skills to use in making a living. Despite all their cares and worries (and they certainly have a lot of them) when they come here they say they feel "free like a Butterfly".




You can see part of the verse on the wall describing how they feel here.





Some of the visitors join in.


Goats in an alley in the central market near the Clock Tower.

A sizzling brownie at my favorite cafe near the Clock Tower.


There was a settee and chairs outside the front of the Guest House where we often sat in the sun.


The market again by the Clock Tower.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home