Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Trip to Jodhpur India - Jan-Feb 2012- Arrival in Delhi

As usual I arrived in New Delhi around midnight where I was met by a pre-arranged taxi pickup...Just wonderful when you arrive tired and jet lagged and don't want to face the mob at the exit gates. My room at the Jyoti Mahal in the backpacker section,Pahar Ganj, of Delhi.



It even had a sitting area, TV and refrigerator. This was a new hotel for me and I would be glad to stay here again.







Some hotels have huge keys and locks.



The dining area on the roof. The view wasn't all that spectacular.



As I finished my fried eggs a yellow cat approached and tried to eat the last of my egg. I tried to shoo her away to no avail.



She won and licked the plate.


A statue in my hallway.


Looking down into the courtyard.


Hallway painting.


The hotel had a row of up to date computers for guests to use on the ground floor. These appliqued pieces were hanging over the computers. I think they are from Pipli on the east coast of India.







The hallways.





The lobby toward the front door. The alley outside the front door was dirty and not all that nice. But its only a block and a half from the main road in the area and not far from the Metro or the New Delhi Train Station.



The hallway.




Statues and "stuff" in the lobby.




A beautiful swing, statues and two grand elephants guarding the main hallway.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home