Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Trip to India & Nepal- Udaipur -The Market

We love to walk around local markets. Flower petals which we assumed were some kind of offering.

Wedding decorations store front.

The spice and tea market. We stocked up on the local tea.








Fast food stalls down the street.




A local basket weaver.

The fruit and vegetable markets are always so colorful.


Children everywhere love to pose for photos.



Bedding hung out to air.


Another basket maker.






The sugar cane grinder.




And sacred cows of course.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home