Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

India & Nepal Trip- Jaipur

We took an overnight train again ...this time to Jaipur. We checked into our lovely hotel and I found I had been upgraded to a small suite with a sitting room.





It even had a safe which I never trust.


The street in front of our hotel. I would not stay there again as they had a sort of tuk tuk mafia going. The doorman would only allow tuk tuks to sit near the hotel if they gave him a big kickback which, of course, raised the rates. We found a nice driver and used him for the three days we were in town.



The parking lot in front of the restaurant where we had dinner the first night.



An interesting window at a car salesroom.


Local dress shop.




A breakfast buffet was included with the room and was excellent.



Beautiful mural on the wall in the breakfast room.


The hotel had lovely gardens and grounds.
Ganesh statue on the grounds.



And a pool of course.







One of the sitting areas.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home