Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Trip to India & Nepal- Jaipur- Part 2

Our first stop in Jaipur was the shop where I have been purchasing the wonderful quilted scarves made from saris.


They had lots of other interesting things including this beautiful umbrella.

Since I knew this dealer in the past and knew the quality of his merchandise I had been ordering them sight unseen. But it was wonderful to be able to make my own choices which they packed up in a huge duffle bag.


The next day it was off to the Amber Fort a few miles out of town.


An even older fort higher on the hills.





The walls seemed to go on for miles





The walking approach up to the Fort.


And the pretty gardens .



The walls reminded me of the Great Wall.


My plan was to take the elephants to the top.


Somehow we missed that entrance and had to walk up.


"Surely it can't be much further".







Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home