Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sewing Day at Marcia's Studio

A break in the weather brought some of us together for another wonderful sewing day at Marcia's studio. I had just returned from another Asian trip and had a few textiles for show and tell. I had been wanting a sample of this beautiful applique from Vietnam and finally found a piece. I may eventually put it into a jacket.
And I also picked up a weaving which incorporates white beads woven right into the fabric.

My Nepal quilt is finally finished and only needs a label.


Pat Pauly worked on combining three pieces from the last challenge with a fourth to make one piece.


Marcia had another Jet Trails, this time fused and with different quilting.

Nancy worked on her huge hub caps quilt.


And Marcia started a baby quilt.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home