Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Back to Bangkok and Kanchanaburi Thailand

After a really comfy overnight train ride from Nong Khai Thailand (across the river from Vientiane) I arrived back in Bangkok. The lower two seats make up into a bed with a curtain and a foam mattress. Really comfy.
Dropped off my bags and it was time to hit Chinatown for some serious shopping.

There is a Swensen's in the mall at the end of my route. What else was a hot shopper to do?

Koi in a pond at one of the hotels on Khao San Road.



After one night in Bangkok I stored my bags and headed up river to Kanchanaburi. I took a taxi to the Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok to catch the bus. Very easy and organized. There was even a hostess on the bus who served us cold water.

Flowers in the hotel yard.

I checked in a looked around for a place to eat lunch. Most of the bars and restaurants on my strip only seemed to open later in the evening. I finally found a place called the Jolly Frog ..a big backpacker hotel..open at all hours and had some fried rice served in a pineapple.

It was quite good and only 50 baht. A real bargain these days.

Hmmmm....I wonder what that's all about?

My fancy room. The bed, fridge and tv were on a platform which made getting on a bit interesting.






My bathroom had one section with the toilet and sink and that opened out to a huge shower which included this garden!
A view of the garden part from inside the room.
The hotel pool

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home