Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Trip to Thailand, Laos & Vietnam: Kanchanaburi & Bangkok

The lovely garden area of my hotel in Kanchanaburi, right outside my door.






I took a shuttle back to Bangkok and checked into my last hotel near Khao San Road, the backpacker area near the river. My room was small but lovely.


The bathroom had a glass door but also a fabulous shower with hot water on demand.


And a refrigerator which was nice but hardly necessary with a 24 hour 7-11 right downstairs.
There is that sink again.


I like the area because it has trees, is fairly inexpensive, has cafe's right on the street, and the streets are busy till all hours.


And its only a few blocks from the river and the river boats which take me to Chinatown.


And, of course, a Swensen's right on my block.




An entrance to a restaurant. There are more and more upscale restaurants and hotels being built in the area.

But life, as before, goes on in all the little alleys in the area.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home