Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Trip to Thailand, Laos & Vietnam: Back in Hanoi

After four wonderful days upcountry and another train ride on the hard beds it was back to Hanoi for one day before heading off to Vientiane, Laos. My hotel again was a really nice one on my favorite Ma May Street in the Old Quarter. It had a computer in each room as well as cable TV.

And a nice fruit selection every day, free water and a refrigerator.



But when I stayed in another room before leaving for Sapa a mouse ate some of my banana...And took a good bite out of my tapioca pudding too...right through the plastic. It is hard for me to blame the hotel for this. It was super spotless. It is a crowded section and the mouse could have come in from anywhere. I had no problem in the next room.







My room had one of the most amazing showers I have ever seen ...with a glass front and music and the water whatever temperature you like.



I don't understand these sinks...which I know are all the rage. I am finding them in hotels everywhere now.


These quilts are made by women in small villages north of Ho Chi Minh City. They have formed cooperatives and sit and make these quilts...all by hand. The money they generate helps support their families and put their children through school.











The quilt on the left is made from recycled clothing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home