Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another Sewing Day at Marcia's Studio





















I did some work on a quilt I have been composing made from Batiks from Nepal.  I decided it needed more colors between the pictures.



I have been cleaning my garage and found a box of textiles from my trip to India 8 years ago.  I thought this bedspread would make a nice jacket but the motifs may be too large.




























These pieces were made from vintage saris.





Bev checks out a few that are for sale.






Inspector Suki, always on the job, inspects Nancy's latest quilt.






The weather turned warm so Pat and two others decided to do some discharging.























Some of the results drying in the sun.




And I did a bit of work on the Cheetah quilt. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home