Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Its a Jungle Out There!!!!--Cleaning My Garage






















Ok.  This isn't my garage.  It is the "fire room" next to the garage.  It was built on at the same time as the garage on the end of the house perhaps 50 years ago and is a wonderful room with a tile floor and a fireplace.  Unfortunately it isn't on the central heat.  When my husband was alive we could afford to heat it with the gas heater on the wall but I don't see all that need for it in the winter now and just open it when I want a fire. Every winter I say I won't store stuff out there and make a mess but as you can see that never works very well.




















The fireplace.  I need to hurry and have some fires now before it gets too warm.






















The dreaded garage.  Lots of soda cans and empty boxes have piled up over the winter.





















Everything that doesn't have a secure spot on the walls has been hauled into the center to be dealt with. Sold, given away or thrown out.






















The front row is all the things I bring back from my travels to sell.  In the back row are three tall rows of boxes of fabric which no longer fit in what was once one and now two sewing rooms upstairs.  Pretty sad huh?





















On the far left are two tall rows of boxes of yarn.  Ok, I know I don't knit anymore but I use this as trim.



























On Thursday I had to take a break and attend my granddaughter's pinning ceremony in Syracuse.  She is halfway through her Nursing program.  Here her son Dominic holds flowers for her.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home