Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Its Been a Busy Week

It's been a busy holiday week. When I am not off traveling I have family in for dinner on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. It is served early as my daughter leaves for work at 1;30. That means a bit of tidying up of the downstairs area where fabric and sewing and all the other assorted things that go along with it tend to accumulate. Most of these have to be hidden in closets or hauled upstairs to deal with later. This included the two unbound quilts that the cat loved to lie on in this chair. She spent the day after they disappeared jumping on and off the chair hopefully anticipating their return. It was not to be. Then on Friday we all go to my daughters, two houses away, for yet another dinner. She has Friday off and wants turkey leftovers. Today I am busy trying to get the mola jacket finished in order to wear it Sunday when my friend Marcia gives a talk at the Schweinfurth Art Gallery. Both of these molas are beaded. This started out to be an orange jacket.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home