Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

International Quilt Show Houston Part Two

Here are some of the garments from the IQA Juried Show. As usual I am forgetful of jotting down names.




As a whole the clothes are much more wearable than those in the Bernina Fashion Show and often have quilting details.



They have a requirement for the use of Hobbs batting.











































Any collector of Judy's Just Imagination hand dyed fabric would recognize its use in this quilt.























The Bernina Fashion Show Grand Prize Winner by Ludmila Aristova









































Jenny Raymond won viewers choice for this silk beauty.














Charlotte Anderson and Toni Carroll











































































Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home