Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

It was a Cleaning/Sewing Day

There was snow outside again this morning so it was a good day to attempt a bit of cleaning in my sewing rooms and work on a jacket I want to finish by Sunday. Things are so bad upstairs that a huge pile of stuff hasn't even made it out of the hall. Some of the piles are from the Houston Quilt Show in early October. I straightened up the corner with the batiks. They now fill most of a bookcase and the three bins sitting in front. Thats a full size mannequin in the corner (its hands are elsewhere at the moment).

As usual you can't see much of the top of my work table in the "real" sewing room.

One has to be careful not to fall over boxes on the floor.



My second mailed box arrived from Thailand today. I mailed myself this box after leaving Laos to lighten up the load I would have to drag to the train and in case I got carried away with my purchases in Bangkok...my next stop. The post offices in Thailand are wonderful. They will sell you a box for 20 baht (around 75 cents) tape it up and some post offices affix strapping as well. Then you fill out a form...they weigh it...you pay the postage and off it goes. I always choose sea rate...two months which is double the air rate...one month. The last two boxes have been right on time and even a bit early. I mailed this one about October 1st . The charge was 1250 baht...about $37. With the reduction in weight allowance to 50 pounds per bag in the last couple of years I find I usually have to mail myself a couple of boxes.






Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks much like the room I live and work in. I did clean up today, then immediately dirtied it up again. :)

November 30, 2008 at 12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you blog is very good....

December 6, 2008 at 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home