Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, November 7, 2008




I am donating a King Sized Hmong Quilt for the raffle for the November meeting. It is cotton and cotton/poly and 100 % handmade. I work with a group of families in Laos where I buy smaller crib sized story quilts, purses and small items. The inside squares are all hand embroidered pictures of the village life of hmong in the villages of Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. The black/purple triangles (which you can hardly see in this photo) are all appliqued by hand. Every stitch is made by hand and this quilt would have taken at least a month to make. I am requesting that the money generated go to the Guild Library.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home