Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Houston International Quilt Show Part One

I was fortunate enough last week to be able to attend the International Quilt Show in Houston. This was the last edition of the Bernina Fashion Show. This gorgeous outfit was by Rochelle Harper. It looked great in person but washed out a bit on the runway. I liked the fringe on this outfit by Heidi Lund.



Janice Ellertson



I loved this pieced red coat by Janelle Archer.










This was a fabulous quilt.





Philippa Naylor and her prize willing quilt. Hard to show.

















Sharon Shambler and her Grand Prize Winner.





The quilt just glowed and so did Sharon.






















I took a great class with Katie Masopust. One of the exercises was to draw on a huge sheet of paper blindfolded and then cut the result up into interesting shapes.











One of the first evenings when the show wasn't yet open we vendured off to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and to the upscale mall next door. Connie St. Clair couldn't resist trying on this super expensive jacket.














It was all made of tiny ribbons.































Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home