Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Irondequoit Quilt Show - Rochester

This weekend I vended at the Irondequoit Quilt Show in a Rochester, N.Y. suburb. It is held in a local church and is always a wonderful mix of traditional and modern quilts. I thought this was a delightful pieced quilt. The quilt group members are wonderful hostesses and served all the vendors home made soup and sandwiches and wonderful desserts every day.

This one had raised flowers.





And pumpkins of course.





I loved the two purple and yellow quilts.













My booth






Another vendor.









The motifs on this quilt except for the Geisha were all machine embroidered. Beautifully done.









Claire Welch dropped by wearing the jacket she made in my class and a wonderful hat.
































Some of the silent auction items.














And the second purple/yellow quilt.















And a student from one of my bog coat classes also dropped by.














This one was reversible.



















Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So good......

October 25, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home