Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Asian Trip...the Last Photos of Bangkok

I love to stay by the river...it is so much easier to get around than through the traffic clogged streets. And the fare for the river bus is 13 baht...about 40 cents. The downriver boats only run through the daylight hours. The cross river boats run a bit later. I used to laugh at the architecture of this building ...with its dome on top and another big one in its yard until I found out that it is the most expensive condo in Bangkok.



This building was abandoned for a number of years with a Hotel Sofitel sign on it. A couple of years ago it became a fancy Hilton hotel. It has gorgeous views of the river and a revolving restaurant.









Onward to Siam Square...the site of some of the biggest fanciest malls to a department store with an aquarium in the basement. Wouldn't this sign make a great quilt?




A shop with designs made from ethnic fabrics.





Great fabric in one of the three fabric shops in this mall. I didn't bother to go in and find out how expensive it was.


















Lots of fancy antiques as well.









The outside glass elevator.









And in the basement the aquarium. It was a Sunday so it was full of curious Thai children. Here comes the shark.











There was a tunnel where you could walk with sharks circling overhead and beside you.












A manta ray. A personal favorite. I used to often see them when I would go snorkeling in Florida.
















































































Some beavers at work.





































I love the look of scorpion fish.












































































































































Lots of fake coral reefs.




























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home