Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Wandering around Phnom Penh

I hired a tuk tuk driver by the afternoon on one of my days there. Phnom Penh was a surprisingly expensive city. I spotted this beautiful temple near my hotel and had to stop and take a look. Earlier in the day there had been some sort of event there as I spotted crowds leaving carrying lotus flowers.
Some interesting statues in front of one of the buildings.
The main alter. The green pyramids are lotus flowers.
Offerings.
I think some of these are lama tombs.
These towers were from the morning celebration.
The temple entrance.
My tuk tuk driver patiently waiting for me.
The victory monument. It is painted an ugly brown color.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home