Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Day at the New York State Fair

It was a beautiful day as we headed out to the New York State Fair. I only go every couple of years as the crowds are usually a bit much. Of course choosing a Sunday meant the crowds would be quite large.
But my daughter Barbara was working at her hospital union booth and we were meeting her there to enjoy the fair with her after her time was over.

I am not quite sure who this creature was but he was having a lot of fun in the heat.
The dairy building is one of my favorites (ice cream everywhere) and my daughter Penny and her boyfriend Carlos had to have their photo taken.
Of course there is the requisite cow statue. They also had one made out of butter.
There is a huge lawn in the center with bands playing all day and into the evening.
If you played the video game they gave you a baseball cap.
There were several places where you could purchase a hot tub. I hate the chlorine smell.


Security seems to be tighter in the needlework section after someone boldly walked out with a large quilt a few years ago.


I remember this one from the NY State Consortium Show.





The dresses were made from hankies.









This was a huge sand sculpture in the horticulture building.







I am sure there must have been more than one sewing machine dealer there but this is the only one I saw.




No trip to the fair is complete without looking at the animals.


There were some fabulous chickens.










Rabbits of course. There were also some for sale.
Most of the pigs were taking a break.

And very few llamas. The last time I attended there were dozens of them.









Lots of friendly goats.

I think this was set up for childrens photos.









Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home