Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Quilting Class with Cynthia Corbin

Today was the Class: Art Simply Done. The idea was to take a photo or drawing, simplify it and begin contructing it in fabric through a few variations. Unfortunately after lunch the power went out so the photos are mainly of the mornings work.
Marcia DeCamp's first works. And one more.

This was my first two pieces. I was pleased with how easily the curves went together on the first one but wasn't all that excited about the second one. The third one was in progress when the power went out.

One of Cynthia Corbin's quilts. I really liked the way she quilted it.
This was Barb Sassano's pieces.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home