Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another Great Day Yesterday at Marcia's Studio

Beth brought in this gorgeous quilt which she purchased at the Quilt Action a couple of weeks ago. It was made by a group of Mormon women in the area based on a stained glass window in their temple. It was noted that they had no previous quilting experience. It is just wonderful. And the back was very interesting as well.
I began the day working on the cow jacket. I want to finish it in time to wear it to the Houston Quilt Show in October.
Inspector Suki keeps a wary eye on the door as the black dog is here for a visit again. It really disrupts her schedule.
Since going outside didn't look promising she decided to annoy Beth as usual by sitting in her chair.

Beth was working on several purse patterns.
As the afternoon progressed Suki retreated into her "tent" for her afternoon nap. She might be just the tiniest bit spoiled.
I finished making the "fabric" for the cow jacket. I am not totally happy with the royal blue color on one front and sleeve but the cows in the print are so cute they had to be included.

When that was finished I did a bit of work on the "orange" jacket which is now mostly black.

And Marcia worked on quilting a wonderful quilt top on her Janome. This will be our last "sew in" for awhile as both Beth and I have upcoming classes and trips scheduled for the next few weeks.





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home