Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

More Luang Prabang

Wat Xieng Thong was built in the 1500's and occupied a huge area set in ancient Banyan trees just north of my hotel. Beautiful brass carvings adorn the walls of the funeral chariot hall, containing the funeral chariot of the last monarch. Unfortunately you have to remove your shoes to go inside and the steps were so hot that I couldn't step on them with my bare feet.

The chapel of the Standing Buddha.

The sim...the main congregation hall.


The main Buddha inside the Sim. Wat Sene...the wat just across from my hotel. The Sim.
A group of young monks in the yard who spent some time practicing their English with me.
The Bell Tower.




Windows with graceful balusters and gold stenciling.

The door panels of the monks assembly hall.


The foo guard dogs.


A huge Buddha in an outside building

My hotel just across the street from Wat Sene. No houses in the old Thai style.



Growing crops along the Mekong.



The plane to Vientiane on Laos Airlines.






Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home