Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Phnom Penh

I had heard so much about the famous "Russian Market". It was supposed to be full of great merchandise and cheap. Yes it was full of merchandise but cheap was the operative word. Cheap goods at cheap prices. This section was full of local seamstresses.
I was told the market was full of wonderful cheap silk. Yes, cheap (i.e. not good quality) at cheap prices.


So I opted to spend less time shopping and more time just relaxing in the wonderful garden of my hotel. And waiting for the bananas to ripen.
Or lolling in my room.
Or just smelling the flowers.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home