Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Monk Parade, Luang Prabang

Every morning at dawn the monks all troop out from their assorted Wats and collect alms in monk bowls which they then take back to their Wats for breakfast and for offerings at the altars. During the high tourist season this is a big event, and the streets are full of camera toting photographers.


A smart local sells packs of "offerings" to tourists for distribution to the monks. Here another woman from my hotel prepares a donation.

Troops of dogs often follow them hoping for a snack.
A local market.
An outside Buddha in one of the Wats in town.
Foo Guard Dogs.
Handmade paper drying outside of a small local shop.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home