Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, July 11, 2008

My Adventures in Far.......Eastern Long Island

Last year the Quilters from the Eastern Long Island Quilt Guild invited me to come out and give a Jacket Class followed by a Fashion Show at the Guild meeting. It is a long................drive. When I arrived I took a spin around Sag Harbor...the location of my hostesses home. The harbor is just beautiful and full of yachts and huge boats. This one was unbelievable. The poor neighbor next door.
I liked the lines of this little boat. The town is "quaint" with lots of shops which mostly cater to tourists. Not surprisingly the town was full of tourists. There is an old windmill near the docks which I didn't find all that interesting (after seeing the yachts) and I am sure is in everyone's travel photos who has ever been here.
The "littler" boats.

From Sag Harbor where my hostess lives we had to go to Peconic where the Quilt Group meets in the Rec Hall (which they luckily can use rent free!) The shortest easiest route was to take two Ferries and cross Shelter Island. Who would have thought. The Ferries are quite small and the trip is only a few minutes so you stay in your car.
My jacket class students hard at work.



On the way home I decided to take the Ferry from Port Jefferson to Bridgeport Connecticut. It is a lovely 1 1/4 hour drive and allows you to be able to avoid the congested bridges through New York City.
My poor car on a slant on the deck. It's the blue grimy looking one.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home