Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Three day Quilt Show in Skaneateles- Thumbstall Quilt Guild

After a quick overnight recovery from my trip to Far.....Eastern Long Island I vended at the Thumbstall Quilt Show in Skaneateles this weekend. It was held in the high school cafeteria and gym. In past years it was held in one of the churches in the fall which was a difficult space because of the layout and lack of good parking. There were 14 vendors, a snack bar and a craft bazaar in the cafeteria. The change of dates and location as well as the heavy rain on Sunday may have cut down the number of attendees. The quilts were located in the gym on the floor below. Nancy Bales made this gorgeous quilt. Unfortunately I as usual, forgot to note the maker of most of the quilts.
This one was hilarious and part of a competition.

As was this beauty. This baltimore quilt was on a sort of muted check background. An interesting choice.
I think this was a block of the month but just lovely.

Barbara Ackley is a member of this guild and won a prize as usual with this gorgeous jacket. She started it in my class at QBL last summer.
There are beads and glitter everywhere, even in rows on the rust section on the left.
The boy or man who received this quilt must love it.

Isn't this darling?
Geisha's were big in this show.

I absolutely loved this one.


Barbara Ackley won a prize with this one.

This was a "first quilt". The vendors floor again.
The Guild also had a Craft Boutique on this floor.
Two daughters/grandaughters of vendors wearing two of my necklaces.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home