Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Delightful Quiet Sewing Day with Friends

Another delightful sewing day with Marcia and Beth. Inspector Suki had to make an early visit and, of course, check out a batch of my work which I had placed in a basket on the floor. Then there was her favorite suitcase which I use to hold my Singer featherweight sewing machine since I can't locate it's box at the moment. I usually have it on the floor and she likes to lift the top and get in. Today it was in Marcia's new shelves so she was stuck with just sitting on the top. Not very considerate of me to be sure.
Later she had to take her nap in her favorite chair with its special cushion. Of course she is not spoiled.
Beth worked on a class project for an upcoming Ruth McDowell class and did some finishing work on a bog coat she was making with some of her beautiful hand dyed fabric. The band is made by the Hmong and is one I bought in Vientiane, Laos.
Marcia did some hand stitching on the binding of a quilt and I worked on a jacket I started a few weeks ago. I had only planned to put one mola on the back but after auditioning twoon it we all decided we liked that version better. Since the dancers were beaded I now need to bead the cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home