Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Molas Molas Everywhere

I have spent the last few days (and several days in Panama) just "processing" molas. This means taking blouses apart (most of the molas were on two-mola blouses) pressing them, trimming them (just cutting off a tiny bit of jagged edge) and pricing them. It can take up to an hour to take just one blouse apart. And I never saw an iron on any of the islands so they all needed a bit of a press. My cat decided she needed to guard and inspect the molas during this part of the process.
This is approximately half of the larger molas.

More will be up on my blog tomorrow.






Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home