Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Genesee Valley Quilt Guild Annual Picnic

Today was the day for our annual picnic which replaces the usual meeting at the Temple on Elmwood Avenue. The setting was the second floor of the Robach Community Center on Beach Avenue in Rochester. One of the high points of the day is the opportunity for members to participate in the annual "yard sale" of unwanted (by the owner) fabric and textiles. Here are some members hard at work. Round tables were set up throughout the room for lunch and conversation.
Pat Berardi had lots of wonderful fabric and terrific prices. My table was in the corner to the right. You can see a few customers.

Enjoying the view of Lake Ontario. There was a small but high quality for sure show and tell after a brief business meeting. This was a hand quilted first quilt.


Another mostly handmade quilt...this time redwork embroidery.
I just loved this one.

A commissioned baby quilt. Lucky baby.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home