Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

The GVQC Garden Tour at Marcia's Studio

Today was GVQC's Garden Tour day and I was invited to come to Marcia's studio to help with the festivities. The Tour raises money for the Club's Scholarship Fund. Marcia had decorated the walls with many of her quilts and quilt tops. I took the opportunity to work on some UFO's and begin an orange jacket.
Marcia's husband Bill leads the first group off through the gardens.
On the left is a quilt in progress and on the right is the beginning of Marcia's orange jacket.

Some of the jackets she has made over the years.





Luckily the forecasted thunderstorms did not materialize and somewhere between 30 and 40 people attended.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home