Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Another Sew In at Marcia's Great Studio

Beth and I had another great day at Marcia's wonderful studio. I had found a great pack of crinkled orange/gold fabric from a long ago trip to Nepal when i was sorting through boxes. I thought bits of it would make great additions to a jacket along with either a Chinese collar or molas. Inspector Suki checked the collar out to see if it would be an appropriate addition.
The collar didn't make the cut and the fabric went up on the wall with molas and a Guatemalan weaving. The black square off the fabric is from Vietnam.
The centerpiece will probably be this fantastic mola from my 2007 trip to the San Blas Islands.
When we started the day the back of my "Desserts" jacket was still unfinished. I made some selections for the fronts.
Beth began construction of two bog coats made from her hand dyed fabric and trimmed in Hmong panels from Laos.
And I finished the jacket back and fronts.
The centerpiece on the back is a mola from Panama. The pelican is handing the bear an ice cream cone. Its not a high quality mola and I added beads around the green edge.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home