The pattern for this jacket calls for separate sleeves but that interfered with the prints so I changed it to one pattern piece for the front and one for the back while retaining the arm slope. It took me several years to acquire enough zebra prints. The band is velveteen which is bordered by a colored batik strip...strip pieced and topped with colored beads from a trip to Bangkok.
It is also lined with a zebra print. I usually use my least favorite print for this. The "bangles" which are sewn on the sleeves were a perfect coloration and are jewelry parts I found on a trip to Bangkok.
The colored bands between the zebra pieces give your eye somewhere to rest on all the busyness of the jacket. They are strip pieced in a number of colors from one of those "jellyrolls"..a 2" or 3" wide strip collection of a number of coordinating fabrics. A great way to easily acquire a lot of colors.
I love to incorporate needlepoint or other needlework in my garments. Because it is sometimes a little stiff it usually ends up on the back...often center back. But here I chose to place it on the bottom of the back.