Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Patio Work Continues and a Sale

Work on the yard continues with the posts added along the side. This took the better part of the day as this is a long wall and retaining boards had to be measured and adjusted, then the concrete mixed and poured in the holes to the correct level. After the poles set for two days the man who will oversee the concrete arrives for a consultation regarding the proper pitch for the area to allow rain runoff.
In the meantime I am cleaning out the back barn for a yard sale tomorrow. This barn was much too convenient for storing things you didn't want to use but didn't want to throw away. It is crumbling and isn't worth fixing so it will be torn down next year. It is the original barn with the house (built in 1875) and I am told was the original home to the family horse.
My late husband loved to work with wood and had quite a shop in the garage. He would buy old lincoln rockers and other chairs which needed caning, then restore and re-cane them. I have 9 lovely examples in the house. These will hopefully be sold tomorrow at the yard sale. I also have an antique wheelchair which needed caning which I hope to sell tomorrow as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home