Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Trip to Oaxaca Mexico Part Four

A side street with Palm Trees heading toward the beautiful Santiago Church.
A beautiful home converted into some sort of shop or restaurant.
On my way back to the hotel I stopped for lunch at a Natural Food Restaurant around the corner and had a delicious fruit salad and fruit juice. Yum.
The street in front of my hotel (and several other streets all over town) were torn up to fix and improve pipes and wiring. It made walking on the now slanted and hole ridden sidewalks full of men with wheelbarrows quite a problem. When I arrived late at night I had to navigate my way up the long street looking for my hotel. Not fun.
The park is usually full of balloon sellers.
I love the displays of fruits and vegetables in the market. I was disappointed to find fewer textile sellers and all the basket makers who used to be there were gone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home