Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Two UFO Quilts Bite the Dust

Ok, ok.....this is not a very great piece. The center embroidered fish is a class sample from a class which I took with Dorothy Caldwell a few years ago at QSDS. It had disappeared into my stash for quite awhile so I figured if I put it into "something" at least I could find it again. The white fish are Mother of Pearl buttons from one of my trips.


We were "mimicking" the embroidery from the Bihar region of India just using a straight stitch.


The second piece (ok...not all that much better) is just the absolute end of some scraps from a Koos style jacket which I made last year. I just glued them onto a background, added a few ribbons and strips of gold cording, and stitched away.
I held it all together under a washaway stabilizer and then soaked it after it was finished.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home