Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Upcoming Trip to Oaxaca Mexico

Enough of this snow and cold. I am heading out to Oaxaca Mexico. I used to go there frequently...probably a dozen times or more and often would stay two or three weeks at a time. I haven't been in 10 years. It was long since time to visit there again.

The main Cathedral facing the Zocalo. This was always my favorite Zocalo in all of Mexico. Actually it was has two with a smaller version facing the Cathedral. There are band concerts in the band stand in the Zocalo during the week.


Within two blocks are two big markets and a handicraft market a few blocks away.
There are lots of fabulous churches and a museum connected with one with the jewels and treasure from the tombs at Monte Alban.


Monte Alban occupies a hilltop outside of town. It has wonderful views but I probably won't go this time as I have been there a few times on past visits.

I probably won't go to Mitla either, wonderful ruins a few miles out of town
There will be plenty to occupy me just wandering around town.

And to a few of the outlying villages. There are colorful market days in all the villages in the Valley. And on Fridays the town of San Martin Tilcajete has a special Alebrije market. They are probably my favorite craft from this area.

And I can always just hang out in the pleasant gardens at my hotel.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home