Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ithaca Quilt Show Photos



My outfit "Thanks Kaffe" from the 2006 Bernina Fashion Show. It is made from 135 Kaffe Fasset Fabrics and 5 long beaded bands from Guatemala and beaded bands from India. It won First Prize in the Viewer's Choice Wearable Art category.

This was a bog coat made by a student in one of my classes

The bog coat back.
I love the combination of red and black




This guild always has a fabulous doll collection. This one is by Sally Dutko
One of June Silberman's designs
One of Sally Dutko's fabulous creations.
June Silberman
There was a special exhibit by the Ellis Hollow Quilters with some fabulous group quilts.
Another one of the quilts from that group.
I loved the colors in these two from the regular exhibit.



Pat Pauly's booth with her hand dyed fabric.
And my booth next door.

This is a Butterfly Jacket made by one of my students from the Ithaca area.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home