Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Project Iron Quilter - The Photos

The last relatively stress free moment as the other contestants and I wait for Ruth to announce the quilt's "theme"
Here it comes. Ruth gives us our directions (Lines and Curves) as curious quilt show attendees look on
The Prizes. First Prize and Viewers Choice...two Rowenta Irons.
Members of the Genesee Valley Quilt Guild cheering for fellow guild members: Myself, Pat Pauly and Ruth Ohol.
The contestants make a mad dash for fabrics to possibly use in their "masterpiece".
With our "Mood Bags" stuffed we headed off to our sewing station.
Pat Pauly works with lightning speed of course.
And keeps everyone on their toes with her wry comments.
We drew lots of curious onlookers.
Pat sews and quilts standing up.
Maureen Jakubson hard at work
And Susan took off her pretty red jacket to get right down to it.
Ruth Ohol pressing her piece.
And apparentlyLouise Tiemann brought a little green friend with her.
Mary Diamond designing on the floor.
The audience patiently waiting for us to finish.
The crowds enthusiasm picks up as the competition draws to a close.
My quilt and the "iron" tiara I said I would model if I won anything. (I didn't)
Pat Pauly's beautiful piece made from some of her hand dyed fabrics.
I loved the fabric Maureen Jakubson used.
And the winner.
Sally Dutko's beautiful piece. I always love her work.
Mary Diamond's trees. She didn't have time to put the binding on her quilt.
Louise Tiemann had very interesting edges.
Ruth Ohol's Circles and Squares.
We eagerly await the judges appearance.
The audience offers their support as the tension builds.
Are they ever going to start?
The judges discuss Susan's piece.
And Ruth announces the judges verdict and gives Susan her plaques.
Susan collects one of her irons.
This photo of Susan was taken by Beth Brandkamp.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Norma Schlager said...

What a great idea. That really looks like fun. Could I make a quilt from start to finish in three hours? Hmm...I don't know. Kudos to all the brave participants.

October 7, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home