Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Project Iron Quilter--The End

The Party is Over

The Fat Lady Has Sung (cards available from www.Zazzle.ca)


A Canadian took both prizes. A Canadian!!!!!!!!!!!What happened to "Buy American First" and all that Jazz. What happened to National Pride. Where were the pickets outside the door?


The winner, Susan Clark with her winning quilt and certificates.


Can't someone stop her at the border? We want our flatirons back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!










No. Not That one.


These. They were the prizes.

But wait.....remember this was all tongue in cheek so forget all that. We all had a stressful but fabulous time and are taking a much needed rest before gearing up for the eagerly awaited rematch.

Beth Brandkamp has posted wonderful photos of the competition: Take a look. You can also see a link to her blog and the show and competition on the left of my blog.


The photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Elizabeth.Brandkamp/20091004IronQuilter#

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth Brandkamp said...

Hysterical, Priscilla!! You have been outdoing yourself!!

October 5, 2009 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Claire Welch said...

Yes, yes! You are too funny. I really should have gone.

October 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Priscilla Kibbee said...

Thanks. I just don't know what I am going to write about now that this is over. I guess I will just have to take a few trips.

October 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Dolores Quilts said...

Priscilla - What a great competition!
Thanks for sharing

October 7, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home