Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Felted Fish Story

I spent today at Julie Brandon's husbands medical office with a group making felted fish under the direction of Deborah Pope. Our finished fish is supposed to look more or less like this. Deborah's work is way beyond incredible. Here is her rabbit and the fish which was the inspiration for this class.

My fish before felting. I think its mocking me...certainly with justification.


In its little plastic bag during the felting process. We then made fins out of beautiful silk paper (not shown)
My fish is currently drying out in my hot car. After which I will add some beads, eyes, and apply the fins and hope for the best. It was a great day in any event.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathi said...

I just love that fish! So you make the body of the fish first then add the other details? I haven't wet felted yet...just needle felted.

August 1, 2009 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Priscilla Kibbee said...

Its tons of fun and shortens the felting process. I have to add the details when the fish dries and will post the photos.

August 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home