Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bias Binding

A few weeks ago I made a jacket made on a Koos Design Vogue Pattern where the fabric pieces were covered with bias binding. I really liked the way the resulting pieces looked and decided to have some commercially made to use in both jackets and quilts. Ok, I have all the little gadgets to do this myself but I find the process both frustrating and very time consuming. The company listed in the Koos Book apparently is out of business but I managed to find another shop in Brooklyn which makes bias binding commercially. So I gave them a call and sent off 16 yards of mostly batiks. This is the result. I am very pleased. As far as I can figure out a yard will make about 30-35 yards of bias.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home