Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, December 8, 2008

New Wearable Art Jacket Class at Marcia's Studio

Despite the cold weather we gathered this morning in Marcia's wonderful studio to begin another jacket class. Nancy Hicks began the back of her long vest with a marvelous batik. She is supplementing it with some interesting blue batiks . Linda Bachman has some great prints of leaves and elephants and is using the "Butterfly Jacket" pattern. A favorite of mine.




I have been playing with a new orange quilt made mostly from leftover pieces from the last one.



And Caren Betlinski came in with this fabulous machine embroidery she made.




Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home