Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

QUIET Day at Home

It has been a quiet day at home straightening up and cleaning out closets (and trying to throw away lots of useless stuff) I have been trying to find a spot for this cute couple which I purchased at the town yard sales last weekend. They stand 27" tall and have black velvet shoes and the arms have wires inside so they can be moved around. The eyes are glass.
The implements are metal. They are just adorable.
I have been quite successful in finding spots for the five pictures I framed a few days ago. The "skeleton" from Nepal went on a wall in the dining room under another Nepalese painting.
I haven't figured out if this was supposed to be just anatomical or an acupuncture sort of painting. I just love it anyway.
It is now hanging below a stylized painting of some of the highlights of Nepal which I purchased there a few years ago. The flash in the upper right is from my camera.
And that hangs below a framed pillow , a "friendship pillow" made by Eliza Chamberlain and her friends in Vermont in the 1870's. Each girl would make one of these designs on each others pillows.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home