Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, August 25, 2008

New Jacket Class at Marcia's Studio Day One

Varda Main, who is new to our group, brought in the gorgeous jacket she started in my jacket class at the Bobbin Case. Since some of us have been attempting to begin an orange jacket we were a little green with envy.
After looking at other options Donna began using this fabulous hand dyed fabric for her creation. My photo doesn't do it justice.
Inspector Suki took particular interest in our group today, taking a great deal of time away from her busy schedule. Marcia is working on a top made from a rayon sarong.
Caris is also working on a hand dyed piece...this one in silk. Liz had a patchwork jacket back started in the corner and Varda's creation begins to take shape on the left.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home